Monday, June 7, 2010

So after I found out....

First time visitor at Raw? History: What is Raw

The night I found out was, as I said, my birthday. After my friends had their cake, and the children played, it was a normal night. I put on my face smile, bathed and bedded my children. I was almost numb at that point.

Once the children were in bed, I returned to my bedroom. I told my husband, of 13 years, father of my soon to be 3 children, that our marriage was over.

"Who is she?"

"She's not who you think she is..."

Back in January I accused him of becoming attached to some stupid woman from his high school years over his Facebook page. This woman obviously had the hots for him, as she had had public disagreements with my comments on his Facebook page. Soon after that, he took his page private.

But it wasn't her.

It was, however, someone from his high school days.

Fucking Facebook.

A girl he'd re-connected with at his 20th high school reunion in the Fall. They'd sparked up a friendship over the reunion activities and spent the night of the reunion talking. She is married and a mother, too. They were missing the same things and reconnected by talking.

You see, I KNOW my marriage had problems. I'm not a moron. We argued. We had a lot of stress- financial, and a special needs kid. But we had an amazing sex life. That's what I always thought was our clincher....I thought our sex life was my guarantee for him to not screw around. But I was wrong. No matter WHAT they say about men in those advice books...they do want and need more than just sex....

I asked him why he bought her stuff. How many times he saw her. I repeated that we were over. That I couldn't be married to him. He cried. I cried. We fell asleep crying together, holding each other....

The next morning, I felt as if all the skin on my body had been sanded off. Teary eyed I drove to work. Greeting my 200 students at 7 a.m. and wondering how I could POSSIBLY hold it together. But I wasn't angry. I wasn't mad at all.

"Be careful it doesn't sneak up on you...." is what my best friend warned me of that morning, when she asked how I was holding up.

I should have listened to her....

No comments:

Post a Comment